4 hours (Approx.)
Hotel pickup offered
Offered in: English
Good for avoiding crowds
Stop by the historical landmarks of Medan on a private sightseeing tour of the North Sumatra capital. Your own personal guide provides commentary on Dutch colonial–era buildings such as the Old City Hall and the Medan Post and Telegraph Office. See the Great Mosque of Medan (Masjid Raya Medan) and visit the royal palace of the sultan of Deli, known as Maimoon Palace, built in 1888. You’ll also spend time at the Asam Kumbang Crocodile Park and browse for antiques on Kesawan Street.
- Be awed by the wildlife at Asam Kumbang Crocodile Park
- Half-day private city sightseeing tour of Medan, led by a personal local guide
- Round-trip private transport from your hotel included
- See the Old City Hall, Medan Post Office and Great Mosque of Medan
- Visit Maimoon Palace and find antiques along Kesawan Street
Saved to wishlist!
A half-day tour with a professional English-speaking guide
Transportation by air-conditioned vehicle with professional driver.
All entrance fees for visits as mentioned in the description.
All applicable taxes and service charges
Personal expenses such as meals, drinks, tips and gratuities, shopping, portage fees
Hotel accommodation in the destination of commencement.
Any airline tickets, visa fees, additional transportation cost from and to the general meeting point
Transfers from any airport or resorts located outside the general pick-up and drop-off locations
Travel insurance coverage for customers (highly recommendable)
Departure & Return
Departure PointTraveler pickup is offered
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Infants must sit on laps
- This tour is operated on full private basis with English-speaking guide.
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Most travelers can participate
- Return transfers for this excursion apply only / are inclusive for customers staying in downtown Medan. Transfers outside these areas, including Binjai, Belawan, Perbaungan, Manado Airport and main harbour are excluded. Supplements apply for customers who want to join this excursion outside one of these regions.
- Royal temples and palaces uphold a very strict dress code: it is essential that you dress appropriately during this excursion by wearing clothes that cover shoulders and fall below the knees.
- Customers wearing shirts with obscene and disrespectful prints and pictures and brightly-coloured clothing may be refused entrance.
- We always will make efforts to confirm the exact pick-up time upon reservation. For any operational issues in which are not able to confirm the exact pick-up time in advance, we reserve the right to inform you the day before the departure of the tour.
- Please note pick-up and drop-off services may not be confirmed for customers staying at private residences, apartment complexes, or other non-registered tourism accommodations. Customers may be asked to meet at a nearby hotel for pick-up and drop off.
- Natural elements of any kind have a destructive effect on electronic equipment. It is the customer’s own responsibility to ensure that any camera, mobile telephone or other device is properly wrapped and protected against these elements. We cannot be held responsible in any way for negligence and/or not following suggestions for any damage related to this.
- Please ensure that you bring sunglasses, a hat /cap and sunblock with a high SPF factor when traveling with us on this tour – even when it is cloudy, the sunrays still have an immense power.
- It is the responsibility of the customer to provide us with the correct hotel information, should pick-up and drop-off services be included in the package. Any changes in accommodation outside 24 hours will be handled accordingly: changes within 24 hours may be on request.
- In the event of no-show or change of accommodation without prior consent and confirmation from us within 24 hours may result in the applicable cancellation charges as outlined in the terms and conditions.
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- OPERATED BY Asian Trails LTD
All sales are final and incur 100% cancellation penalties. Learn more about cancellations.
Frequently Asked Questions
The answers provided below are based on answers previously given by the tour provider to customers’ questions.
What is the policy on face masks and attendee health during The Sights and Sounds of Thriving Medan?
A:The policies on face masks and attendee health are:
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Temperature checks for travelers upon arrival
What is the policy on sanitization during The Sights and Sounds of Thriving Medan?
A:The policies on sanitization are:
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
What is the social distancing policy during The Sights and Sounds of Thriving Medan?
A:The policy on social distancing is:
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
What measures are being taken to ensure staff health & safety during The Sights and Sounds of Thriving Medan?
A:The policies on staff health & safety are:
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
Compare Similar Experiences
The Sights and Sounds of Thriving Medan
Explore Similar Things to Do
Bus ToursWalking ToursHistorical ToursHalf-day ToursWalking & Biking ToursCultural & Theme ToursPrivate & Custom ToursTours & SightseeingMedanBus Tours - SumatraWalking Tours - SumatraHistorical Tours - SumatraHalf-day Tours - SumatraBus Tours - PenangWalking Tours - PenangHistorical Tours - PenangHalf-day Tours - PenangBus Tours - Petaling JayaWalking Tours - Petaling JayaHistorical Tours - Petaling JayaHalf-day Tours - Petaling JayaCategory