Are you interested in?
- Wake up early and watch the sunrise on this hot air balloon flight in the Yarra Valley
- Ballooning in the Yarra Valley offers breathtaking views of the lush landscapes and vineyards
- Plenty of photo opportunities as you float above the vineyards on your Yarra Valley balloon flight
- Upgrade to include hotel pickup and a sparkling wine breakfast
Why Travelers Choose This Tour
Departure & Return
Departure Point1309 Melba Hwy, Yarra Glen VIC 3775, Australia
Traveler pickup is offered
Hotel pickup commences approximately 2.5 hours prior to sunrise however depends on how many transfers we have on the morning. You're advised on your pick up time the night before - details are on your flight confirmation which is emailed by Global Ballooning Australia upon booking.
Return DetailsReturns to original departure point
What To Expect
Make your way to the Yarra Valley’s Balgownie Estate in the early morning, or enjoy pickup at your Melbourne CBD hotel (if upgrade is selected). Climb aboard a sturdy basket, which holds a maximum of 16 people. Experience the thrill as your hot air–powered balloon fires up in the crisp morning air and you begin to slowly rise over the countryside.
Float with the breeze over vineyards, country roads and orchards for an unbeatable view of the gorgeous landscape. On misty mornings, watch sunbeams play on layers of wispy clouds for an otherworldly experience. An expert guide accompanies you on the ride to ensure everyone’s safety and provide narration on the passing scenery.
Upgrade to include a hearty sparkling wine breakfast at Balgownie Estate's elegant restaurant for after you touch down. Toast your flight with Domaine Chandon sparkling wine and choose from a gourmet a la carte menu featuring hot and cold breakfast favorites served with orange juice, tea, and coffee.
- Confirmation will be received within 48 hours of booking, subject to availability
- Easy accessible basket available on request.
- Children must be accompanied by an adult
- Minimum age is 6 years
- Subject to favorable weather conditions. If canceled due to poor weather, you will be given the option of an alternative date or a refund
- Vegetarian and gluten free breakfast options are available, please advise at time of booking if required
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Infants must sit on laps
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- COVID-19 INFECTION CONTROL MEASURES ● Cleaning and disinfection in accordance with guidance from Safe Work Australia and public health authority. ● Clinical grade hand sanitiser is provided in the workplace and throughout the entire ballooning experience (out of reach of children). ● Frequently touched surfaces belonging to GBA including handrails, doors, vehicles, equipment, phones and keyboards are regularly cleaned. ● All guests of GBA including staff scheduled to fly must check in the evening prior to flight. ● If you observe anything that does not meet this standard, please advise management immediately or as soon as possible.
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 24 travelers
- OPERATED BY Global Ballooning Australia
If you cancel at least 7 day(s) in advance of the scheduled departure, there is no cancellation fee.
If you cancel within 2 day(s) of the scheduled departure, there is a 100 percent cancellation fee.
If you cancel between 3 and 6 day(s) in advance of the scheduled departure, there is a 50 percent cancellation fee.
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund.
Learn more about cancellations.
Frequently Asked Questions
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Temperature checks for travelers upon arrival
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Regular temperature checks for staff
See all safety measures taken by Yarra Valley Balloon Flight at Sunrise.
- "Great weather helped certainly, as it must for the kind of experience ballooning is but the organisation, staff, equipment and pilot were first class." See review