Are you interested in?
- Full-day snow monkey tour from Nagano
- Explore the 7th-century Buddhist temple, Zenko-ji, and learn about the national treasure from a knowledgeable guide
- Visit Jigokudani Monkey Park and be entertained by the sight of wild Japanese macaques soaking in hot springs
- Enjoy a lunch of soba noodles, a Nagano favorite
- Includes public transport by bus and local train
Departure & Return
Departure PointNagano Station, Japan, 〒380-0921 長野県長野市大字栗田５９
Return DetailsReturns to original departure point
- Confirmation will be received within 48 hours of booking, subject to availability
- This is a hard walking tour covering about 40 minutes of walking each way between the Roman Museum parking lot and Jigokudani Monkey Park. Please note that we are unable to provide special support for those with trouble walking, or small children. Also, the walking path may be frozen and slippery if there is snow. Please wear winter boots or other non-slip footwear. The temperature in the area in winter averages about -1°C, so it may be quite cold. Please wear warm clothing. The tour will not enter Roman Museum.
- A moderate amount of walking is involved. Please wear comfortable walking shoes
- The itinerary may be revised depending on changes in transportation schedule
- Non-reserved public transportation will be used while in Nagano. Seats are not guaranteed
- The meal for lunch includes soba (buckwheat) noodles, a Nagano specialty. As traces of buckwheat flour may be present in the entire shop, those with buckwheat allergy may be unable to enter.
- A separate admission ticket is required for children 5 years old and younger to enter Jigokudani Monkey Park. Tickets may be purchased at the park for JPY 250
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Near public transportation
- Infants must sit on laps
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- An English-speaking tour conductor will accompany the tour from arrival at JR Nagano Station until tour ends at JR Nagano Station
- As space is limited on buses, please leave large luggage such as suitcases at your prior night's hotel.
- The behavior of wild monkeys is unpredictable. The park will be closed to visitors in case the monkeys do not come down to the park from the mountains. The tour may be canceled on the day before tour departure in such cases. A full refund will be issued if the tour is canceled.
- The Japanese macaques at Jigokudani Monkey Park are wild. Do not feed or touch them. Thank you for your understanding.
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 20 travelers
- OPERATED BY JTB Global Marketing & Travel Inc.
If you cancel at least 7 day(s) in advance of the scheduled departure, there is no cancellation fee.
If you cancel within 2 day(s) of the scheduled departure, there is a 100 percent cancellation fee.
If you cancel between 3 and 6 day(s) in advance of the scheduled departure, there is a 50 percent cancellation fee.
Learn more about cancellations.
Frequently Asked Questions
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
See all safety measures taken by Jigokudani Monkey Park, Zenko-ji Temple in Nagano.