- 'Inspector Morse' film sites walking tour in Oxford
- Follow in the footsteps of one of Britain's most popular fictional detectives
- Visit colleges of Oxford and learn about the university's history
- Enjoy a small-group experience on this tour, limited to 14 travelers
Departure & Return
Meet your guide wearing red lanyard OUTSIDE the currently empty shop premises at 15 Broad street. This is located next to the Oxfam shop, 17 Broad street, OX1 3AS
Return DetailsReturns to original departure point
What To Expect
As you walk, listen to your guide's commentary about the character of Morse, the 'Lewis' and 'Endeavour' spin-offs, and the sometimes-tricky relationship between the city of Oxford and Oxford University. Locations seen vary from tour to tour, as the colleges of Oxford are private institutions and not always open. But typically, the tour takes you inside Exeter College and one other college, or inside the Divinity School at the Bodleian Library, one of the university's most impressive architectural sights.
At the end of the tour, you are welcome to join your guide at a historical local pub commonly seen on the Morse shows (drinks at your own expense).
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking, unless booked within 1 day of travel. In this case confirmation will be received as soon as possible, subject to availability
- COVID19 NOTICE: Group size will be kept to max 15 persons but is rarely more than 5 persons
- Please arrive 5 minutes early for your tour at our meeting point. If you arrive more than 5 minutes later than the scheduled tour, then you will likely forfeit and lose your booking as it interrupts the guide and other customers, if we are trying to find you after a guide has started and left the meeting point.
- INFO FOR DRIVERS AND PARKING:
- If you are driving, then please allow extra 30-60 minutes over whatever time you think it will take you to get here. Oxford is NOT car friendly and it is congested roads and hard to find parking spaces....unless you park at the sign posted 'park and rides' on edge of town on any major road into the city and hop on their buses into city centre. The park and ride buses leave every 15 or every 30 minutes and take anything from 10 min to 30 min (depending on traffic) to reach city centre. So if you are going to drive, then please assume you should be aiming to park your car about one hour before your tour starts.
- PUBLIC TRANSPORT:
- We actually recommend instead using the much faster and reliable train services but again please aim to arrive about an hour or earlier before your tour starts as trains can be delayed and the train and coach station are about 15 minutes walk from our meeting point. There is also the coach service from London called the Oxford Tube which leaves every half hour or more but it can take much longer than its advertised 105 minute journey time. It drops you off either at High street Oxford or Gloucester Green coach station. It's quicker to ask to get off on High street near Carfax tower, then it's a 10 minutes walk to Broad street.
- Our marginally higher ticket price reflects the special quality of typically having smaller groups than our competitors- average numbers is 2-4 persons only.
- Infants 5 and under can go on this tour free of charge but this tour is NOT aimed at children
- During Xmas holiday period or on dates of university graduation dates, we may propose changing slightly the tour start time to 1pm or to 11am, if we think it will make it easier to get into colleges, during restricted opening times. We will advise at time of booking and seek your approval to make any changes to the start time.
- Please note that as the university colleges are private institutions, we can't always guarantee entry to colleges but it is very rare that we cannot get entry into at least 1 or 2 colleges on the tour. Please take note of any advertised university graduation dates mentioned below, as those dates can have less options of colleges to visit.
- GRADUATION DATES + XMAS + UNIVERSITY OPEN DAYS:
- We cannot guarantee entry into colleges on graduation dates or during Xmas vacation period, so please consult 'Exclusions' section for details of any such dates.
- Wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Near public transportation
- Transportation is wheelchair accessible
- Surfaces are wheelchair accessible
- Most travelers can participate
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 15 travelers
- OPERATED BY Visit Oxford Tours Ltd
- For a full refund, you must cancel at least 24 hours before the experience’s start time.
- If you cancel less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time, the amount you paid will not be refunded.
- Any changes made less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time will not be accepted.
- Cut-off times are based on the experience’s local time.
Learn more about cancellations.