Are you interested in?
Paris Catacombs (Catacombes de Paris) Tours
25 Tours & Activities
1018 Tours & Activities
Tours, Sightseeing & Cruises
2065 Tours & Activities
2 hours (Approx.)
Offered in: English
Keeping you safe during COVID-19
What you can expect during your visit
Face masks required for travelers in public areas
Face masks required for guides in public areas
Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
Social distancing enforced throughout experience
Visit one of Paris’ most distinctive and macabre landmarks, and enjoy a seamless way to explore, on this tour of the Paris Catacombs. Meet your guide at the landmark, grab a headset to hear them clearly and, thanks to your skip-the-line-access, head right inside. Home to the bones of 6 million Parisians, the subterranean Catacombs date back centuries. Learn all about the history, explore the many winding tunnels, and even venture into corners that are normally off-limits to visitors.
- Beat the crowds and save time with a skip-the-line tour
- Headsets are included so you can hear you guide’s every word
- Learn all about the Catacombs’ history and highlights
- Visit special areas that are typically closed-off to the public
Saved to wishlist!
Official certified guide
Radio system to hear the guide
Skip-the-line entrance ticket
Access to special areas of the Paris Catacombs
Hotel pick-up and drop off
Food and drinks
Transportation to/from attractions
Headphones will not be provided due to COVID-19 (We recommend to bring your own headphones)
Departure & Return
Departure PointPlace Denfert-Rochereau, 75014 Paris, France
Return DetailsReturns to original departure point
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Most travelers can participate
- Children must be accompanied by an adult
- Please wear comfortable walking shoes as there is a moderate amount of walking involved
- You will have to climb down and back up 130 steps and walk about 2 kilometers underground during this tour
- There are no elevators, no bathrooms and no lockers
- Be aware that it is always around 14°C (57°F) in the Catacombs, so please dress accordingly
- Only bags maximum 40x30cm are allowed and they must not be carried on the shoulders
- This activity is not wheelchair, strollers or baby carriages accessible
- "Skip-the-line" access is guaranteed, even during peak season (except in the event of delays or strikes by the catacombs management)
- Please note that the tour requires a minimum number of guests to run
- Please note that if you arrive after the tour start time you will not be able to join and will not be refunded or have your tour rescheduled
- There is a possibility of cancellation after confirmation if there are not enough passengers to meet requirements, in the event of this occurring you will be offered an alternative or full refund
- This tour is not recommended for people with heart or breathing conditions or for children under the age of 10
- Not recommended for participants with back problems, physically not fit to climb steps, pregnant women and suffering from vertigo, claustrophobia or heart problems
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 25 travelers
- OPERATED BY Star Florence
For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund.
Learn more about cancellations.
Frequently Asked Questions
The answers provided below are based on answers previously given by the tour provider to customers’ questions.
What is the policy on face masks and attendee health during Paris Catacombs Tour?
The policies on face masks and attendee health are:
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
What is the policy on sanitization during Paris Catacombs Tour?
The policy on sanitization is:
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
What is the social distancing policy during Paris Catacombs Tour?
The policy on social distancing is:
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
What is the maximum group size during Paris Catacombs Tour?
This activity will have a maximum of 25 travelers.
See all safety measures taken by Paris Catacombs Tour.
See all safety measures taken by Paris Catacombs Tour.
Product code: 73434P106
Explore Similar Things to Do
Architecture ToursWalking ToursHistorical ToursWalking & Biking ToursCultural & Theme ToursLuxury & Special OccasionsTours & SightseeingParisArchitecture Tours - Île-de-FranceWalking Tours - Île-de-FranceHistorical Tours - Île-de-FranceArchitecture Tours - Marne-la-ValléeWalking Tours - Marne-la-ValléeHistorical Tours - Marne-la-ValléeArchitecture Tours - ReimsWalking Tours - ReimsHistorical Tours - ReimsCategory
La MadeleineArchaeological Crypt of Notre DameGivernyManufacture Nationale des GobelinsMarché des Enfants RougesAir and Space MuseumChâteau de MalmaisonMusée Edith PiafSainte ChapelleParc des PrincesParis Sewer Museum (Musée des Égouts de Paris)La Seine MusicalePalais du LuxembourgTuileries Garden (Jardin des Tuileries)Place des VosgesGrandes Écuries de ChantillyBasilique du Sacré-CoeurBastilleGrand PalaisFragonard Perfume Museum (Musée du Parfum Fragonard)