5 days (Approx.)
Hotel pickup offered
Offered in: English
Good for avoiding crowds
- Close encounter with wildlife
- Get up-close to native wildlife
- See native wildlife in their natural environment
- Small group ensures personal service
- Led by a local guide
- Multi-Day Trip
Saved to wishlist!
4 nights accommodation (1night at 3-star hotel in Alor Setar, 3nights at Earth Lodge Ulu Muda)
Meals as per itinerary (B=breakfast, L=lunch, D=dinner)
1-way ferry from Kuala Jedah Jetty to Langkawi (unguided)
English speaking Driver/guide
English speaking nature guide (in Ulu Muda)
Shared transfers and tours
Guided trek, boat tours in Ulu Muda Rainforest
Other Food and drinks, unless specified
Transfers in Langkawi
Accommodation in Langkawi
Supplement pick-up or drop-off at Airport
Malaysia Tourism Taxes, collected directly by the hotels/ lodges.
Departure & Return
Departure PointTraveler pickup is offered
Departure Point: Pick-up from staying hotel within Penang Island
Return point: Tour end at Kuala Kedah Jetty for ferry to Langkawi
- Confirmation will be received within 48 hours of booking, subject to availability
- Child policy: children below 13 years of age are not allowed at the Earth Lodge.
- Please advise any specific dietary requirements at time of booking (ie. vegetarian, gluten free, etc)
- A minimum of 2 people per booking is required
- Tour involved a lot of walking
- You are advised to travel light on the journey into Ulu Muda Rainforest (backpacking). You can leave your heavier luggage at the hotel in Alor Star before entering the Ulu Muda area.
- The seats of the boats from Muda Lake Jetty to Earth Lodge are made of wooden planks without back-rest.
- Earth Lodge – simple chalet style accommodation equipped with two single mattresses, attached bathroom with sit toilet, balcony and ceiling fan. There is no water heater, bath towels and toiletries. Bring your own personal toiletries; towel; snacks, drinks and other necessities (ie. medicine). Lodge does not have groceries shop.
- Electricity to the Earth Lodge is powered by a generator which will be switched on between 1800hrs to 2300hrs daily.
- Ferry journey to Langkawi is without guide on board.
- Own arrangement in Langkawi.
- Activities are subject to weather condition, and may be re-organised to best meet operational situation.
- Sighting of wildlife is not guaranteed.
- What to bring (recommended): Covered shoes with good grip, torch lights with spare batteries, insect repellent, sun block, refillable water bottle, leech socks, day pack, hat, poncho/raincoat, swimming gear, sandals/flip-flops, toiletries and bath towel. Camera and binoculars in water proof container/casing encouraged.
- Advance booking required. Cancel less than 33 days before arrival subject to cancellation fees
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 10 travelers
- OPERATED BY Asian Overland Services
You can cancel up to 7 days in advance of the experience for a full refund.
- For a full refund, you must cancel at least 7 full days before the experience’s start time.
- Any changes made less than 6 full days before the experience’s start time will not be accepted.
- For a 50% refund, you must cancel 3–6 full days before the experience’s start time.
- If you cancel less than 2 full days before the experience’s start time, the amount you paid will not be refunded.
- Any changes made less than 2 full days before the experience’s start time will not be accepted.
- Cut-off times are based on the experience’s local time.
Learn more about cancellations.
Compare Similar Experiences
A Date With Nature At Ulu Muda Rainforest
Explore Similar Things to Do
Bus ToursNature and WildlifeMulti-day ToursWater ToursWalking ToursWalking & Biking ToursCruises, Sailing & Water ToursMulti-day & Extended ToursOutdoor ActivitiesTours & SightseeingPenangBus Tours - LangkawiNature and Wildlife - LangkawiMulti-day Tours - LangkawiWater Tours - LangkawiWalking Tours - LangkawiBus Tours - Ko LipeNature and Wildlife - Ko LipeMulti-day Tours - Ko LipeWater Tours - Ko LipeWalking Tours - Ko LipeBus Tours - Hat YaiNature and Wildlife - Hat YaiMulti-day Tours - Hat YaiWater Tours - Hat YaiWalking Tours - Hat YaiCategory
KomtarPenang Botanical Gardens (Taman Botani Penang)Upside Down MuseumPenang War MuseumMade in Penang Interactive MuseumKhoo Kongsi (Leong San Tong Khoo Kongsi Clan House & Museum)Penang Armenian Street (Lebuh Armenian)Wonderfood Museum PenangPenang Bridge (Jambatan Pulau Pinang)Escape Theme Park PenangCheong Fatt Tze Mansion (Blue Mansion)Snake Temple (Hock Hing Keong)Sun Yat Sen Museum PenangPenang State Museum and Art GalleryLittle IndiaPenang House of MusicMonkey BeachAsia Camera Museum PenangPenang Tunnel Museum (Penang Time Tunnel)Pinang Peranakan Mansion