Explore our promoted experiences
- Visit the Independence Seaport Museum in Philadelphia
- Celebrate Philadelphia’s maritime history
- See two National Historic Landmark ships
- Fun for the entire family
Departure & Return
|Monday - Sunday:||10:00 AM - 05:00 PM|
What To Expect
From the time it launched in 1892, Cruiser Olympia was a rare treasure in the US naval fleet. It is the world's oldest floating steel warship and the only surviving naval ship from the Spanish-American War. Cruiser Olympia served as Admiral Dewey's flagship at the Battle of Manila Bay, which marked the US emergence as a world naval power.
Submarine Becuna launched in 1944 and completed five wartime patrols in the Pacific Ocean. It also served in the Mediterranean and Atlantic during the Korean, Vietnam, and Cold Wars before completing a long and distinguished career as a training submarine.
Both ships provide ladders, hatches, and gangways for easy navigation.
Elsewhere in the 2-floor museum, there are a variety of exhibits and galleries, a vast collection of historical artifacts and records, plus educational programs, resources, and much more, including a workshop where builders construct wooden boats.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Children must be accompanied by an adult
- Wheelchair accessible within the museum
- Not wheelchair accessible on two historic ships
- Operates in all weather conditions, please dress appropriately. Ships will close if extreme weather such as snow, ice or high temperatures.
- OPERATED BY Independence Seaport Museum
- For a full refund, you must cancel at least 24 hours before the experience’s start time.
- If you cancel less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time, the amount you paid will not be refunded.
- Any changes made less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time will not be accepted.
- Cut-off times are based on the experience’s local time.
Learn more about cancellations.
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Guides required to regularly wash hands