- Guided tour of the Colosseum and the highlights of ancient Rome
- Skip the lines with priority entry to the Colosseum
- Stroll up Palatine Hill and see where Rome’s wealthiest inhabitants once lived
- Small-group tour limited to six people provides a more personalized experience with a knowledgeable guide
Why Travelers Choose This Tour
Departure & Return
Return DetailsReturns to original departure point
What To Expect
At the Colosseum, start your tour on the underground level, which is only open to a limited number of visitors each day. Walk through the maze of subterranean chambers to see where fierce animals were once caged, and listen to stories from your guide about the gruesome gladiator battles. Then walk up to the arena level, and follow your guide into the area where the battles were fought, instead of tracing the edge, as most visitors do. Tread lightly over pieces of the original floor as you look below through the gaps.
Next, head down into the Roman Forum, following your guide around the ruins that once made up the city’s political and commercial heart. Hear about structures like the Arch of Titus and the Senate, where you have the chance to stay longer if you wish.
Walk up Palatine Hill, one of the Seven Hills of Rome. Wander through pine trees while learning from your guide about ancient Rome’s origins, and see where the wealthiest Romans used to live.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Comfortable walking shoes are recommended
- Children and youth must be accompanied by an adult
- Proof-of-age for teenagers under 18 years is required
- Please note: large bags, backpacks and suitcases are not permitted in the Colosseum and Roman Forum. Only small bags are allowed. Glass bottles and containers are also not allowed. Please do not bring these items with you on the day of your tour as there are no cloakrooms at the Colosseum
- Due to extreme weather conditions, the Colosseum Administration may limit access to some or all of the restricted areas (Colosseum, Arena Level and Third Tier), to ensure security of its visitors. No refund will be granted on these rare occasions
- UNDERGROUND AND ARENA: The access to the restricted areas of the Colosseum (Underground and Arena) may be shared among other participants in the our exclusive entry slot. At times, for safety reasons, logistics and traffic control, the group may be led by one guide. This choice is at the complete discretion of the Colosseum's administration and security policy of that day in accordance to adequate safety measures. Please be aware that this is only for 30/40 minutes of the total duration of the tour. Our max 6 people policy is guaranteed for the remainder of the duration of the tour.
- GENERAL ENTRY:Please note that for safety reasons the Colosseum can accommodate up to 3000 people at once. This could lead to delays in access to the site, even for pre-booked visitors. Please be on time!
- English Language Only
- Stroller accessible
- Near public transportation
- Most travelers can participate
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- OPERATED BY LivTours
For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund.
Learn more about cancellations.
Frequently Asked Questions
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
See all safety measures taken by Colosseum Underground and Ancient Rome Semi-Private Tour MAX 6 PEOPLE GUARANTEED.
- "Be prepared for a lot of walking and hills as the Ancient Rome part of this tour is all uphill - not for those who have a difficult time with stairs." See review
- "There is an elevator at the Colosseum should you have issues with stairs, However, Palantine Hill is a LOT of stairs, probably about 8 flights up a hill." See review
- "Small group the ideal way to visit the colosseum, trying to visit with 40 plus is not an option." See review