- Eagle’s Nest and Bavarian Alps private tour from Salzburg
- Travel across the old Austrian-German border into Bavaria to reach Obersalzberg, the site of Hitler’s residential complex
- Ride up the steep mountain in a specially equipped coach to reach the Eagle’s Nest
- Take a lavishly decorated elevator up to the Eagle’s Nest for phenomenal views of the Alps
- Make a brief stop in Berchtesgaden, another historically significant World War II site
- Private tour allows greater flexibility and ensures more individualized attention from your guide
Departure & Return
Hmm...we can’t seem to find this place. Please check the spelling, or choose another location.
What To Expect
Arrive at Obersalzberg, the site of Hitler’s residential complex. After venturing up the mountain road, travel by foot through a long tunnel to reach an elevator lined with mirrors, leather and brass, and built into the mountain during World War II. Step inside and soar up into the Eagle’s Nest.
Boasting an elevation of 6,017 feet (1,834 meters), the retreat was rarely used by Hitler and today is famous for its stunning views. Wander the property and the summit of Obersalzberg to overlook the snowy landscape of the Bavarian and Austrian Alps. While you take photos and admire the scenery, your guide will provide insightful commentary regarding the site.
Afterward, visit Berchtesgaden, a historic town dating back to 1102 and the former outpost of the Third Reich. Today the recreational spot is lovely to explore, and you’ll have just under an hour to wander, relax and purchase lunch.
Your private tour will conclude with transportation back to your hotel in Salzburg.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- A current valid passport is required on the day of travel
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Near public transportation
- Infant seats available
- Most travelers can participate
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- OPERATED BY Salzburg Panorama Tours GmbH
- For a full refund, you must cancel at least 24 hours before the experience’s start time.
- If you cancel less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time, the amount you paid will not be refunded.
- Any changes made less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time will not be accepted.
- Cut-off times are based on the experience’s local time.
Learn more about cancellations.
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
- "I would highly recommend this tour to anyone interested in the history behind the Kehlsteinhaus." See review