- Private highlights tour of Salzburg
- Admire famous landmarks including Mirabell Palace, Salzburg Cathedral and the Mozart Residence
- See filming locations from The Sound of Music such as the grounds near Schloss Leopoldskron
- Learn about Salzburg’s history and culture from your informative guide
- Choice of morning or afternoon departures
- Private tour limited to eight people ensures more personalized attention from your guide
Why Travelers Choose This Tour
Departure & Return
Private tours: pick up & drop off WITHIN the CITY of Salzburg ONLY,. In case you are staying outside from the city of Salzburg: your private tour starts at the Panorama Bus terminal, Mirabell Platz /Hubert Sattler Gasse 1
Return DetailsReturns to original departure point
What To Expect
Pass Mirabell Palace, and spot the gardens where Maria and the children famously sang ‘Do-Re-Mi’ in The Sound of Music. Continue to Salzburg’s historic Old Town to see St Peter’s Abbey, the Benedictine monastery dating back to the 696, and the Baroque Salzburg Cathedral, the site of Mozart’s baptism.
Afterward, pass the stately structures of Schloss Leopoldskron, Frohnburg Palace and Hellbrunn Palace, all featured in The Sound of Music. You’ll also see the historic Nonnberg Abbey, where Maria von Trapp, whose life The Sound of Music was based on, was a postulant. Top off your trip with a glimpse at Mozart’s House, the former abode of the city’s most famous resident.
Since this tour is private, you are welcome to customize your itinerary around your interests. Your sightseeing excursion will conclude with drop-off back at your hotel.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Please advise at time of booking your hotel details
- We are happy to arrange the private city tour according to your personal interest, however please be aware this tour includes photo stops only – no walking tour.
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Near public transportation
- Infant seats available
- Collapsible wheelchairs can be accommodated providing the passenger is accompanied by someone who can assist them board and disembark
- Most travelers can participate
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- OPERATED BY Salzburg Panorama Tours GmbH
- For a full refund, you must cancel at least 24 hours before the experience’s start time.
- If you cancel less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time, the amount you paid will not be refunded.
- Any changes made less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time will not be accepted.
- Cut-off times are based on the experience’s local time.
Learn more about cancellations.
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms