9 hours (Approx.)
Offered in: English
Explore our promoted experiences
Spend your day in port exploring two of Tuscany’s most unique historic villages on a private shore excursion from Livorno. Travel with a knowledgeable English-speaking guide through a landscape of rolling hills and vineyards, stopping first at the UNESCO-listed medieval town of San Gimignano. Enjoy leisure time to explore the well-preserved hilltop village, and enjoy an optional wine tasting if you wish. Continue on to the Etruscan settlement of Volterra, where you can admire medieval ramparts and the views from atop a rocky plateau.
- Private, full-day shore excursion from Livorno
- See the World Heritage-listed medieval village of San Gimignano
- Sample renowned Tuscan wines at a tasting (optional)
- Soak up the views from Volterra, an Etruscan town perched on a rocky plateau
- Private tour can be customized to suit your itinerary and preferences
- Free port pickup and drop-off included
Saved to wishlist!
Professional informative English-speaking driver
Transport by private air-conditioned sedan/minivan
Live commentary on board
Pick up and drop off at the port
Guaranteed return to the pier on time
Lunch and wine tasting
Tips to driver
Walking tour guide inside the sites
Departure & Return
Departure PointTraveler pickup is offered
If you have not already specified, you MUST advise supplier as soon as possible your Ship name, docking time, disembarkation time and departure time so that appropriate arrangements can be made.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking, unless booked within 7 days of travel. In this case confirmation will be received within 48 hours, subject to availability
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Wine tasting tour with lunch available at an extra cost . Please speak to the driver directly
- If you are not ready to depart at the assigned time , we cannot promise to fulfill the mentioned itinerary nor promise to extend the duration of the tour.
- Worry-free Shore Excursion: We will ensure your timely return to the port for this activity. In the rare event your ship has departed, we will arrange for transportation to the next port-of-call. If your ship is delayed and you are unable to attend this activity, your money will be refunded.
- Your driver is not a licensed tour guide. Due to strict Italian laws and regulations in place to protect officially licensed guides, drivers can comment and explain attractions only from inside the vehicle. Drivers cannot elaborate on the attractions when they are outside of the vehicle.
- This is a private service no one will join your party
- Stroller accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Near public transportation
- Infants must sit on laps
- Most travelers can participate
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- OPERATED BY Driverinrome
You can cancel up to 24 hours in advance of the experience for a full refund.
- For a full refund, you must cancel at least 24 hours before the experience’s start time.
- If you cancel less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time, the amount you paid will not be refunded.
- Any changes made less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time will not be accepted.
- Cut-off times are based on the experience’s local time.
Learn more about cancellations.
Frequently Asked Questions
The answers provided below are based on answers previously given by the tour provider to customers’ questions.
What is the policy on face masks and attendee health during Shore Excursion from Livorno to Volterra and San Gimignano?
A:The policies on face masks and attendee health are:
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
What is the policy on sanitization during Shore Excursion from Livorno to Volterra and San Gimignano?
A:The policies on sanitization are:
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
What is the social distancing policy during Shore Excursion from Livorno to Volterra and San Gimignano?
A:The policy on social distancing is:
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
What measures are being taken to ensure staff health & safety during Shore Excursion from Livorno to Volterra and San Gimignano?
A:The policies on staff health & safety are:
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
Explore Similar Things to Do
Shore ExcursionsBus ToursPorts of Call ToursFull-day ToursCruises, Sailing & Water ToursShore ExcursionsPrivate & Custom ToursTours & SightseeingSan GimignanoShore Excursions - TuscanyBus Tours - TuscanyPorts of Call Tours - TuscanyFull-day Tours - TuscanyShore Excursions - SienaBus Tours - SienaPorts of Call Tours - SienaFull-day Tours - SienaShore Excursions - ChiantiBus Tours - ChiantiPorts of Call Tours - ChiantiFull-day Tours - ChiantiCategory