2 hours 30 minutes (Approx.)
Offered in: English
Good for avoiding crowds
Northern Arizona is littered with ancient vestiges, from millennia-old dwelling to petroglyphs, though it’s hard to interpret them meaningfully without a little help. On this tour, travel by Jeep from Sedona for a 1.5-mile (2.4-kilometer) hike in an uncrowded area scattered with archaeological remains, and learn about the lives of earlier inhabitants as you go.
- See rock carvings and pit houses on this hiking excursion from Sedona
- Feel safe and informed with a guide leading the way and providing commentary
- Bottled water, walking sticks, and round-trip transport from Sedona included
- A small-group setting ensures an intimate and personalized experience
Saved to wishlist!
Walking sticks are provided for use during tour.
DOGS - over 25lbs we charge a childs rate and NEEDS ADVANCE notification directly to our company.
Parties of 8 or more we charge a 15% automatic gratuity upon check-in
Departure & Return
335 Jordan Rd, Sedona, AZ 86336, USA
Uptown Sedona area on Jordan Rd
Return DetailsReturns to original departure point
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Approximately 1.5 mile hike round trip with one steep incline.
- Children must be accompanied by an adult. Minimum age is 5 years old.
- Operates in all weather conditions, please dress appropriately
- Service animals allowed
- Near public transportation
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- Wear comfortable shoes due to walking on uneven terrain.
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 8 travelers
- OPERATED BY Arizona Safari Jeep Tours
You can cancel up to 24 hours in advance of the experience for a full refund.
- For a full refund, you must cancel at least 24 hours before the experience’s start time.
- If you cancel less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time, the amount you paid will not be refunded.
- Any changes made less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time will not be accepted.
- Cut-off times are based on the experience’s local time.
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund.
Learn more about cancellations.
Frequently Asked Questions
The answers provided below are based on answers previously given by the tour provider to customers’ questions.
What is the departure point for the Sedona Archaeology Hiking Tour?
A:The departure point is right downtown Sedona at 335 Jordan Rd, Sedona, AZ 86336.
How strenuous is the Sedona Archaeology Hiking Tour?
A:This hiking tour is rated moderate.
Can I participate in the Sedona Archaeology Hiking Tour if I have physical limitations?
A:All guests must be in reasonable physical condition. This tour is not recommended for persons with neck or back problems or pregnant women.
What will we see during the Sedona Archaeology Hiking Tour?
A:Walk in the footsteps of the ancient tribes as you journey back centuries to explore extensive Native American ruins, including 36 pit houses/dwellings and petroglyphs.
What should I wear for the Sedona Archaeology Hiking Tour?
A:Wear comfortable outdoor clothing appropriate for the season. Dressing in layers is best. Hiking boots are recommended, but sneakers are acceptable. NO high heels. Sunscreen, sunglasses, and a hat are advised.
What should I bring with me on the Sedona Archaeology Hiking Tour?
A:Bottled water is provided. Non-alcoholic beverages in sealable plastic containers are welcome. Be sure to bring your camera with extra film and lip balm.
Are there restrooms available during the Sedona Archaeology Hiking Tour?
A:Please visit the restroom immediately prior to the tour, as there are no facilities during the tour.
What is the policy on sanitization during Sedona Archaeology Hiking Tour?
A:The policy on sanitization is:
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
What is the social distancing policy during Sedona Archaeology Hiking Tour?
A:The policy on social distancing is:
- Contactless payments for gratuities and add-ons
What measures are being taken to ensure staff health & safety during Sedona Archaeology Hiking Tour?
A:The policy on staff health & safety is:
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
Compare Similar Experiences
Sedona Archaeology Hiking Tour
2 hours 30 minutes
4 hours 30 minutes
2 hours 30 minutes
5 hours 30 minutes
Explore Similar Things to Do
4WD ToursSporting EventsArchaeology ToursExtremeHistorical ToursCultural & Theme ToursSightseeing Tickets & PassesOutdoor ActivitiesSedona4WD Tours - ArizonaSporting Events - ArizonaArchaeology Tours - ArizonaExtreme - ArizonaHistorical Tours - Arizona4WD Tours - FlagstaffSporting Events - FlagstaffArchaeology Tours - FlagstaffExtreme - FlagstaffHistorical Tours - Flagstaff4WD Tours - ScottsdaleSporting Events - ScottsdaleArchaeology Tours - ScottsdaleExtreme - ScottsdaleHistorical Tours - ScottsdaleCategory