- Morning street-food tour of Shanghai with an expert guide
- Sample classic Chinese dishes like xiaolongbao and pulled noodles at street stalls
- Observe vendors at a wet market and end your breakfast at a bakery
- Small-group tour limited to eight for a personalized experience
Departure & Return
- Meeting Point: Xiangyang Park (South Gate): 1008 Middle Huaihai Road, near Xiangyang Road. - Taxi Directions: 襄阳公园南门: 淮海中路1008号近襄阳北路. - Public transport directions: By metro, take Line 1/10/12 to South Shaanxi Road station. From Exit 2, walk one block west on Huaihai Middle Road.
The tour ends at the corner of Nanchang Rd and Shaanxi South Rd, a two minute walk from Line 1/10/12 to South Shaanxi Road station. 南昌路和襄阳南路.
What To Expect
Meet your food guide in the morning at Xiangyang Park, taking a half hour to investigate this picturesque green space before digging into your food crawl. Observe tai chi masters and water calligraphers going about their daily rituals, learning about these fascinating practices from your guide.
Then get ready to start your food adventure. Head to your first street stall nearby, taking a moment to absorb the sounds and smells as a mouthwatering Chinese dish is prepared and served right out of the wok. You’ll have a chance to enjoy a selection of savory breakfast pancakes, fried dumplings and fresh-pulled noodles during your exploration.
Continue next to a nearby wet market, where you’ll stroll among vendors hawking a variety of fresh produce, fish, and meat. Make sure to stay hungry, because your next stop will offer a chance to sample xiaolongbao, Shanghai's famous soup dumpling. Watch them steam in bamboo baskets before grabbing one, carefully piercing its skin, slurping out the delicious soup, then popping it into your mouth, savoring the tasty filling inside.
Finish your food excursion with a sweet treat, stopping for a pastry at a local bakery. Enjoy the creamy coconut and winter melon filling surrounded by flaky pastry crust. Your stomach now feeling satisfied after a few hours’ worth of tasty food discoveries, leave your group near the Jing'an Temple Metro stop.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Please advise any specific dietary requirement at time of booking - 72 hours advanced notice is required to be able to cater to any dietary restrictions.
- Wear comfortable shoes and come hungry
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Near public transportation
- Infants must sit on laps
- Most travelers can participate
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 8 travelers
- OPERATED BY UnTour Food Tours
- For a full refund, you must cancel at least 24 hours before the experience’s start time.
- If you cancel less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time, the amount you paid will not be refunded.
- Any changes made less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time will not be accepted.
- Cut-off times are based on the experience’s local time.
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund.
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund.
Learn more about cancellations.
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Contactless payments for gratuities and add-ons
- Regular temperature checks for staff