Are you interested in?
- Spend a few hours exploring Japan’s modern history of war on a guided tour
- Learn about Japan’s 2.5 million war dead and Kamikaze attacks from an expert
- Visit landmark sites like the Showa-kan Museum and Yushukan Shrine
- Get a different perspective on Japan with this specialized experience
Departure & Return
Departure PointKudanshita Station, 1-chōme-13-19 Kudankita, Chiyoda City, Tokyo 102-0073, Japan
Return DetailsReturns to original departure point
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking, unless booked within 7 days of travel. In this case confirmation will be received within 48 hours, subject to availability
- Wheelchair accessible
- A minimum of 2 people per booking is required
- Optional add-on of Imperial Palace tour available at checkout
- Most travelers can participate
- Will this be a sensitive topic for some people?While the purpose of this tour is to educate and inform about Modern Japanese history (from over 70 years ago until recent times), it may still be a sensitive topic to some people. We really hope that everyone who comes will keep an open mind and will not put our tour guides in a difficult situation; if the tour guide may feel threatened at any point, please note that the tour may have to end and the tour guide may contact local law enforcement if necessary.
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 15 travelers
- OPERATED BY Japan Awaits
If you cancel at least 7 day(s) in advance of the scheduled departure, there is no cancellation fee.
If you cancel within 2 day(s) of the scheduled departure, there is a 100 percent cancellation fee.
If you cancel between 3 and 6 day(s) in advance of the scheduled departure, there is a 50 percent cancellation fee.
Learn more about cancellations.
Frequently Asked Questions
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Face masks provided for travelers
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Contactless payments for gratuities and add-ons
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms