Explore our promoted experiences
- Explore the historic city of Nikko on a private tour
- Discover the intricate architecture of the Toshogu Shrine and Rinnoji Temple complex
- Get a VIP tour of Watanabe Sahira Sake Brewery led by a master brewer
- Private guide ensures personalized service and attention
- Includes round-trip transport on a limited express train
- Trip cost is priced on a per-person basis
Departure & Return
Departure PointTraveler pickup is offered
We pick up from any hotel inTokyo 23 wards.
What To Expect
Make your first stop of the day at Nikko’s famous Toshogu Shrine and Rinnoji Temple. Built to honor Ieyasu Tokugawa, one of Japan’s most famous generals, this intricate religious complex offers an insightful look at the country’s medieval history. Admire the incredible architecture and interior craftsmanship of a site whose construction is said to have cost an estimated 16 billion Japanese Yen (around $160 million) and taken nearly 1.5 years for more millions of Japanese laborers to finish. The remains of Tokugawa, along with Japanese leaders Yoritomo Minamoto and Hideyoshi Toyotomi, are all enshrined at the site.
After your visit to Toshogu Shrine and Rinnoji Temple, take a break for lunch at Nikko Station, where you can purchase a variety of meal options at your own expense. In the afternoon you’ll continue to Watanabe Sahira Sake Brewery, to learn about the production and history behind this iconic Japanese beverage. Take a VIP tour of the brewery led by a sake master brewer, learning about the processes used to create the perfect bottle. If you’re lucky enough to visit during the height of brewing season from November and March, you’ll even get to see the manufacturing process in action.
Depart from the sake brewery in the afternoon for your return bullet train ride, arriving in the early evening at Tokyo Station.
- Confirmation will be received within 48 hours of booking, subject to availability
- Minimum age is 3 years
- A maximum of 6 people per booking
- Please include the address of your accommodation in Japan at checkout. The bullet train tickets will be mailed to the address before your travel date
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Near public transportation
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Most travelers can participate
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- OPERATED BY Beauty of Japan
If you cancel at least 7 day(s) in advance of the scheduled departure, there is no cancellation fee.
If you cancel within 2 day(s) of the scheduled departure, there is a 100 percent cancellation fee.
If you cancel between 3 and 6 day(s) in advance of the scheduled departure, there is a 50 percent cancellation fee.
Learn more about cancellations.
Frequently Asked Questions
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Face masks provided for travelers
- Temperature checks for travelers upon arrival
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Contactless payments for gratuities and add-ons
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
See all safety measures taken by Private Tour: Nikko Guided Full-Day Tour from Tokyo by Limited Express Train.