Are you interested in?
509 Tours & Activities
Art & Culture
827 Tours & Activities
670 Tours & Activities
30 minutes (Approx.)
Offered in: English
Keeping you safe during COVID-19
What you can expect during your visit
Face masks required for travelers in public areas
Face masks required for guides in public areas
Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
Social distancing enforced throughout experience
Gear/equipment sanitized between use
Guides required to regularly wash hands
Regular temperature checks for staff
Temperature checks for travelers upon arrival
Experience an important part of Japanese culture during a tea ceremony in Kyoto, the perfect introduction for first-time visitors. On the premises of a samurai house, you'll learn about the historical origins of the ceremony and get to sample different types of tea. This 1-hour tour is ideal for travelers with limited time and can be slotted into your schedule at multiple times throughout the day.
- Experience an important part of Japanese culture during a tea ceremony
- A great cultural introduction for first-time visitors
- Learn about the origins of the tea ceremony and sample different types of tea
- The tour's short duration makes it ideal for visitors with limited time
Saved to wishlist!
Tea room rental fee
Transportation to/from attractions
Departure & Return
Departure Point東京日の出武家屋敷(NPO法人 日の出太陽の家ボランティアセンター）, 5107 Ōguno, Hinode, Nishitama District, Tokyo, Tokyo 190-0181, Japan
Return DetailsReturns to original departure point
- Confirmation will be received within 48 hours of booking, subject to availability
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Age requirement : 3 years old and over
- Language support : English
- A minimum of 3 people per booking is required
- Near public transportation
- Most travelers can participate
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 15 travelers
- OPERATED BY Attractive JAPAN
All sales are final and incur 100% cancellation penalties. Learn more about cancellations.
Frequently Asked Questions
The answers provided below are based on answers previously given by the tour provider to customers’ questions.
What is the policy on face masks and attendee health during Tokyo Countryside Tea Ceremony Experience at the Traditional Samurai House?
The policies on face masks and attendee health are:
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Temperature checks for travelers upon arrival
What is the policy on sanitization during Tokyo Countryside Tea Ceremony Experience at the Traditional Samurai House?
The policies on sanitization are:
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
What is the social distancing policy during Tokyo Countryside Tea Ceremony Experience at the Traditional Samurai House?
The policy on social distancing is:
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
What measures are being taken to ensure staff health & safety during Tokyo Countryside Tea Ceremony Experience at the Traditional Samurai House?
The policies on staff health & safety are:
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
Product code: 51978P159
Explore Similar Things to Do
Unique ExperiencesWalking ToursHistorical ToursWalking & Biking ToursCultural & Theme ToursTours & SightseeingUnique ExperiencesTokyo PrefectureTokyoUnique Experiences - KantoWalking Tours - KantoHistorical Tours - KantoUnique Experiences - MusashinoWalking Tours - MusashinoHistorical Tours - MusashinoUnique Experiences - KawagoeWalking Tours - KawagoeHistorical Tours - KawagoeCategory
Museum of Contemporary Art Tokyo (MOT)Tokyo City View Observation Deck (Tokyo Sky Deck)Ueno Park (Ueno Koen)YanakaTokyo National MuseumOmotesandoShibuyaEdo-Tokyo Open Air Architectural MuseumRobot RestaurantBeni Fuji no Yu OnsenMeiji Jingu StadiumHanazono Shrine (Hanazono Jinja)Tokyo Daijingu ShrineHama Rikyu GardensKabukichoNational Diet BuildingGhibli MuseumMori Art Museum (Mori Bijutsukan)Tokyo SolamachiTokyo DisneySea®