- 3-hour walking tour of Tokyo’s nighttime food scene, with all tastings included
- Visit 3 eateries that few visitors know about
- Try local favorites such as yakitori, monjayaki and wagashi
- Wash your food down with a refreshing beer or sake
- Learn about Tokyo’s culinary scene from your expert local guide
- Small-group tour limited to 12 people ensures a more personalized experience
Departure & Return
Return DetailsReturns to original departure point
What To Expect
Next, venture to Monja Street to sample the local delicacy of monjayaki, a pan-fried pancake favored by locals. Learn about the snack’s interesting origin as you chat with your chef and listen to your pancake sizzling on the grill.
Continue to Ginza, a district thronged with confectionery shops, while learning about the rich variety of Japanese sweets. Sample a sweet then conclude your culinary tour at a local pub that serves refreshing local beverages (own expense). Bid your guide and group farewell but feel free to remain in the bar after the tour concludes.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- A moderate amount of walking is involved; comfortable walking shoes are recommended
- Minimum age is 12 years old
- Legal drinking age in Tokyo is 20; customers under 20 years of age will only be served non-alcoholic drinks
- Vegetarian option is available, please advise at time of booking if required
- For your Urban Adventure you will be in a small group of a maximum of 12 people.
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Near public transportation
- Most travelers can participate
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 12 travelers
- OPERATED BY Urban Adventures - Japan
For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund.
Learn more about cancellations.
Frequently Asked Questions
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Contactless payments for gratuities and add-ons
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
See all safety measures taken by Tokyo by Night: Japanese Food Small Group or Private Tour.
- "I especially recommend this for solo travelers because it's a good chance to meet up with other people for part of a day." See review
- "This is also a great way to meet people if you're looking for a bit of company on your trip." See review
- "One drink was included with the meal, but everyone had the option of ordering more drinks at his or her own cost." See review