Are you interested in?
231 Tours & Activities
African American Civil War Museum Tours
6 Tours & Activities
Tours, Sightseeing & Cruises
330 Tours & Activities
4 hours (Approx.)
Offered in: English
Keeping you safe during COVID-19
What you can expect during your visit
Face masks required for travelers in public areas
Face masks required for guides in public areas
Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
Social distancing enforced throughout experience
Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
Gear/equipment sanitized between use
Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
Guides required to regularly wash hands
Regular temperature checks for staff
Temperature checks for travelers upon arrival
Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
Contactless payments for gratuities and add-ons
Immerse yourself in the history of African-American culture in the United States during this half-day history excursion in the Nation’s Capital. Follow the path of the first African-Americans at Jamestown through the Civil Rights movement, checking out key sites like the Frederick Douglass National Historic Site, the vibrant U Street corridor, the National Museum of African American History and Culture, the MLK Memorial, plus much more. Due to COVID-19, all Smithsonian institutions are closed.
- Learn about African-American history and culture in Washington DC
- See top sights like the MLK Memorial and the White House
- Reserved entry to the National Museum of African American History & Culture
- A small-group tour ensures a personalized experience
Saved to wishlist!
Live commentary on board
Hotel pickup and drop-off
Departure & Return
Departure PointUS Navy Memorial Plaza, 701 Pennsylvania Avenue NW, Washington, DC 20004, USA
Return DetailsNational Museum of African American History and Culture, 1400 Constitution Ave. NW, Washington, DC 20560, USA
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Collapsible wheelchairs with removable wheels can be accommodated providing the passenger is accompanied by someone who can assist them board and disembark
- The seats are assigned on the first come, first served basis
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Near public transportation
- Infants must sit on laps
- Please arrive at least 20 minutes before your scheduled departure time to ensure a timely check in
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- OPERATED BY USA Guided Tours
For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund.
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund.
Learn more about cancellations.
Frequently Asked Questions
The answers provided below are based on answers previously given by the tour provider to customers’ questions.
What is the policy on face masks and attendee health during African-American History Tour with Reserved Museum Entry?
The policies on face masks and attendee health are:
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Temperature checks for travelers upon arrival
What is the policy on sanitization during African-American History Tour with Reserved Museum Entry?
The policies on sanitization are:
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
What is the social distancing policy during African-American History Tour with Reserved Museum Entry?
The policies on social distancing are:
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Contactless payments for gratuities and add-ons
What measures are being taken to ensure staff health & safety during African-American History Tour with Reserved Museum Entry?
The policies on staff health & safety are:
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
- "Don't expect to just sit back on a bus, you will definitely be up and about as you reach each destination."
- "There was no reserved entry to the museum at this time of year, so perhaps the company should revise the title of the tour." See review
Product code: 6349P19
Explore Similar Things to Do
Bus ToursCity ToursWalking ToursHistorical ToursHalf-day ToursWalking & Biking ToursCultural & Theme ToursLuxury & Special OccasionsPrivate & Custom ToursTours & SightseeingWashington DCBus Tours - Amboseli National ParkCity Tours - Amboseli National ParkWalking Tours - Amboseli National ParkHistorical Tours - Amboseli National ParkHalf-day Tours - Amboseli National ParkBus Tours - PhiladelphiaCity Tours - PhiladelphiaWalking Tours - PhiladelphiaHistorical Tours - PhiladelphiaHalf-day Tours - PhiladelphiaBus Tours - PittsburghCity Tours - PittsburghWalking Tours - PittsburghHistorical Tours - PittsburghHalf-day Tours - PittsburghCategory
White House Visitor CenterU Street CorridorKenilworth Park and Aquatic GardensU.S. Department of StateAdams MorganAnderson House (Society of the Cincinnati)National ZooTudor PlaceEast Potomac ParkOctagon HouseNational Gallery of ArtPetersen House Ronald Reagan Washington National Airport (DCA)Supreme Court of the United StatesThomas Jefferson MemorialNational 9/11 Pentagon MemorialAbby Aldrich Rockefeller Folk Art MuseumOld Stone House Hard Rock Café Washington DCDeWitt Wallace Decorative Arts Museum