- 6-hour private tour of Zermatt and the Gornergrat
- Private guide for a more personalized experience
- Ride the Gornergrat railway
- Learn about local history and mountaineering
- Pickup and drop-off at local hotels or the Zermatt train station
- All entrance fees included
Departure & Return
Hmm...we can’t seem to find this place. Please check the spelling, or choose another location.
What To Expect
Board the cog railway to the summit of the Gornergrat—this is the highest cog railway on the continent—and enjoy sweeping views of the Alpine scenery during the 35-minute ride. Upon arrival at the upper station, take in the crisp air and clear views at 10,285 feet (3,135 meters) above sea level. The Gornergrat looks directly towards the summit of the Matterhorn, and this is the perfect place to capture an iconic shot of the dramatic mountain.
You’ll have time to relax on the summit and learn about the surrounding landmarks, including the Monte Rosa Hut: originally a simple, stone structure for mountaineers, the new hut is ultra-modern and super efficient, with solar power and gleaming aluminum cladding.
Descend the cog railway back into Zermatt, then make the final stop of the day at the Matterhorn Museum, which explores the traditional culture and mountaineering history of the Alps. This tour concludes with drop-off at your hotel or the Zermatt train station.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- a minimum of 2 people per booking is required
- children must be accompagnied by an adult
- for wheelchair assistance - please contact us before booking
- Wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Near public transportation
- Transportation is wheelchair accessible
- Surfaces are wheelchair accessible
- Most travelers can participate
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- OPERATED BY SwissTravelGuide.ch
- For a full refund, you must cancel at least 24 hours before the experience’s start time.
- If you cancel less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time, the amount you paid will not be refunded.
- Any changes made less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time will not be accepted.
- Cut-off times are based on the experience’s local time.
Learn more about cancellations.
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Guides required to regularly wash hands