Don’t worry—here are some similar options
- Customizable private tour of Zurich's highlights by minivan
- Visit Old Town (Altstadt), Bahnhofstrasse, the Swiss Federal Institute of Technology, and more
- Admire the renowned Chagall Windows in Church of Our Lady (Fraumünster)
- Enjoy amazing views on an aerial cable car, take a Lake Zurich ferry ride, and drive along the Gold Coast
- Learn about the sights you see from your bilingual guide
- Choose a two tour lengths, with a morning or afternoon departure
Departure & Return
What To Expect
Please see the Itinerary section below for suggested plans for each tour.
In Old Town (Altstadt), view the Lindenhof, the historical site of a Roman castle situated on a hillside, from where you can get great views of Old Town during own exploration later. Head to St Peter, one of the four main churches in Old Town whose clock face is the largest in all of Europe. Admire the castle-like Swiss National Museum, visit the Zünfte guilded houses and the Zurich Opera House, and stop at Lake Zurich for photo ops.
The 2-hour tour includes a ride on the cogwheel railway (Dolderbahn). Travel uphill to the Zurichberg district, where you’ll marvel at superb mansions and the renovated five-star Grand Hotel Dolder.
See the Swiss Federal Institute of Technology, whose most famous former student and professor is Albert Einstein. Finally, stop at Church of Our Lady (Fraumünster) to admire and learn about the world-famous Chagall Windows, created by famous artist Marc Chagall. These beautiful stained-glass windows bathe the chapel in a rainbow of light.
4-Hour TourThis tour combines Zurich’s culture and natural beauty. Similar to the 2-hour tour, you'll see major attractions including Old Town, St Peter church, the Bahnhofstrasse, the Limmatquai and the Zünfte guilded houses. Make a photo stop at Enge Harbor to enjoy a beautiful view of Lake Zurich, the city and the surrounding hills, and then visit Church of Our Lady (Fraumünster) to admire and learn about the famous Chagall Windows.
Your journey continues to Adliswil for a ride on an aerial cable car, affording incredible panoramic vistas of the city, Lake Zurich and the snow-covered Alps. Disembark at Felsenegg, a vantage point offering sweeping city views.This experience is highly recommended!
Finally, take a 10-minute ferry ride across Lake Zurich. When you reach the shore, you’ll take a drive back to Zurich along the stunning Gold Coast, a prosperous region on the northeastern shore of the lake that’s graced by the warm yellow light of the evening sun.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking, unless booked within 7 days of travel. In this case confirmation will be received within 48 hours, subject to availability
- Wheelchair accessible
- The tour can be tailored to your wishes. Please list any special interests in the 'special requirements' field on booking
- Stroller accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Near public transportation
- Infant seats available
- Most travelers can participate
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- OPERATED BY Best of Switzerland Tours
Learn more about cancellations.
- Face masks provided for travelers
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands